I consult and teach in issues around accessibility and usability, in traditional and emerging technologies. I have a formal background in information science and writing, as well as over fifteen years working in development, user experience design, and information architecture.
I think it's crucial to think about the web as our primary platform for communication, innovation, expression, and inclusion.
- Guest lectured and taught at Ada Developers Academy, Unloop, The Designer's Studio, the University of Washington, and Green River College
- Spoken and done panels at conferences like Seattle Interactive Conference, SeattleJS, AccessU, and Grace Hopper
- Co-organized Accessibility Camp Seattle in 2017 and 2019
- Written about accessibility on the Simply Accessible blog
Here are some videos of me talking about accessibility and information.
- Out Of The Box: Designing and Developing For Accessibility in WordPress Templates, at WordPress Seattle (video) (2018)
- Getting started with web accessibility for design and development, at Groupon Geekfest (video) (2016)
- Building A Sustainable Accessibility Practice, at SeattleJS (video) (2017)
- Ambient Librarianship, at Ignite A2 (video) (2009)