I consult and teach about accessibility and usability in digital technologies. I have a formal background in information science and writing, as well as over fifteen years working in accessibility, web development, user experience design, and information architecture.
I think it's crucial to think about the web as our primary platform for communication, innovation, expression, and inclusion.
- Guest lectured and taught at Ada Developers Academy, Unloop, The Designer's Studio, the University of Washington, and Green River College
- Spoken and given workshops at conferences like #a11yTO Conf, Seattle Interactive Conference, SeattleJS, AccessU, and Grace Hopper
- Worked at agencies, product companies, and libraries.
- World-building accessibility literacy for 24 Accessibility (2019)
- 4 things I learned running an unconference for Shopify UX (2019)
- Finding the willing: cultivating engagement for accessibility for Simply Accessible (2016)
- The accessibility stack: making a better layer cake for Simply Accessible (2016)
- Interview part 1 and interview part 2 for A11y Rules (2020)
- Accessibility and Your WooCommerce Online Store for Do the Woo (2016)
- Out Of The Box: Designing and Developing For Accessibility in WordPress Templates for WordPress Seattle (2017)
- Getting Out The Word: 5 Ways To Make Your Magazine Website More Accessible for MagsBC (2017)
- Building A Sustainable Accessibility Practice for SeattleJS (2017)
- Getting started with web accessibility for design and development for Groupon Geekfest (2016)
- Ambient Librarianship for Ignite A2 (2009)