I consult and teach about accessibility and usability in digital technologies. I have a formal background in information science and writing, as well as over fifteen years working in accessibility, web development, user experience design, and information architecture.
I think it's crucial to think about the web as our primary platform for communication, innovation, expression, and inclusion.
- Guest lectured and taught at Ada Developers Academy, Unloop, The Designer's Studio, the University of Washington, and Green River College
- Spoken and given workshops at conferences like #a11yTO Conf, CSUN, Seattle Interactive Conference, SeattleJS, AccessU, and Grace Hopper
- Written about accessibility on the Simply Accessible blog
Here are some videos and podcasts where I talk about accessibility and information science.
- Out Of The Box: Designing and Developing For Accessibility in WordPress Templates, at WordPress Seattle (video) (2018)
- Getting Out The Word: 5 Ways To Make Your Magazine Website More Accessible, at MagsBC (video) (2017)
- Building A Sustainable Accessibility Practice, at SeattleJS (video) (2017)
- Getting started with web accessibility for design and development, at Groupon Geekfest (video) (2016)
- Accessibility and Your WooCommerce Online Store (podcast) (2016)
- Ambient Librarianship, at Ignite A2 (video) (2009)